Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tastes like leather

Ladies and Gentlemen!

What a Thanksgiving! Because I tragically lost my family years ago due to my actions, I had dinner at
LaSwan's house (Lady Across the Street Without A Name) and oh, boy! It will be a night we will not soon forget, if I can ever remember it. Thank God for my cell phone camera! See, I'm still giving thanks!

All I know for sure is that this lady ate up that Hungry Man -- Swanson's Hungry Man TV dinner which included, but did not exceed, Turkey and limited "fixins." I must say the best part was the gallon of "Egg Nog Daiquiris" I picked up for the occasion. Drive-thru! Yes, you can still go to a drive-thru and order a drink in New Orleans. Proud to call it home!

Mrs. Danvers, Post "Lady" Surgery (two weeks ago)

Speaking of leather, while I was chewing on my piece, Mrs. Danvers, my spiritual guide and loyal Boston Terrier, was chewing on a piece of leather of her own. Well, it wasn't hers. It actually belonged to LaSwan.

LaSwan's Chair/Mrs Danvers' Dinner

Notice how LaSwan's chair now has a "tongue." "A chair with a tongue! Now that's my kind of seat!" I squealed, trying to change the mood as I pointed it out to LaSwan. LaSwan has never been a fan of my "brand" of "humor," and after she vocally and physically reminded me of that, I decided (with LaSwan's help) that it was time to go home.

I explained to LaSwan that Mrs. Danvers had just had her "tubes tied" two weeks ago and wasn't "herself." LaSwan said she had her own "tubes tied" in 1973 and she still hasn't destroyed anybody's furniture. She even punctuated her sentences with passionate expletives. Everyone reacts differently, I suppose...to having their "tubes tied," not to my humor...everyone loves that! Even LaSwan, deep down inside. She'll come around with a few more nights like tonight!

Anyhoo, having been filled with the holiday spirit, and a gallon of egg nog daiquiris, Mrs. Danvers and I went home and continued the festivities until she used her teeth to let me know she'd had enough.



Don't worry about me,
VJ

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarai said...

i know im late right now but, you can consider me your family and id never leave your side.... u r dehh best! lol wow, id love that seat too... haha... Mrs. D looks so cute... i need me a pet... hope you have an even better Thanx giving this year haha

May 19, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home