Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rain Dance

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm still in LA, and the Oscar's are tomorrow!


I still don't know what I'm going to wear. I was thinking either the bathrobe I "accidentally" put in my suitcase when I got off that cruise on Queen Mary 2 I worked on, or I could always go "commando" in a Snuggie.

Yes. I'm going to watch it from my apartment in LA. Isn't that like going to Mardi Gras in New Orleans and watching the parades on TV?

Oh, I had to say it. As you know, I live in New Orleans and I will not be there for Mardi Gras this year. A tear (just one) is streaming down my face right now and landing in my chicken pot pie.

Mardi Gras tomfoolery!

I couldn't come home this year because my neighbor LaSwan (Lady Across the Street Without A Name) was taking the cosmetology licensing exam this week and asked if I not be home for the month of February because she said I would be a distraction. She didn't use those exact words, but it was the "jist" as we say.

Maybe she'll do my hair when I get back. Maybe I will want her to?

Then today my friend called me and told me that LaSwan's little brother, L'il Ray Ray, was staying in my house with his six daughters, two sons, and his "workout partner." I hope I locked my medicine cabinet...

Anyway, Happy Oscar's. Happy Mardi Gras. I hope it doesn't rain really hard on both.

Don't worry about me,
VJ

1 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

I think the occasions are limitless when it comes to wearing a snuggie. Love them!

February 24, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home