Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Scrooge In Rouge!

Ladies and Gentlemen!

My vacation is officially over! This Friday, I am "back on the boards" as we say in the business with "Scrooge In Rouge!" And unlike my solo shows, I "share" the stage with other people. It can be annoying, but I am trying to act like I see them sometimes on stage, and every now and then I even look them right in the eyes...a sign of a professional actress.

"Sharing" the stage with me are the fabulous Mr. Ricky Graham and Ms. Yvette Hargis, two amazing actors from New Orleans, and our fantastic composer and pianist, Mr. Jefferson Turner. They look me in the eyes a lot on stage, which can sometimes be a little creepy. But, obviously they are just trying to be professionals, too.

Here is a scene from "Scrooge In Rouge!" featuring Jefferson on piano, Ricky as the "Ghost of Christmas Past," Yvette as "Scrooge," and yours truly as Scrooge's little sister, "Fan."



Both Ricky and Yvette will be touring with me to Atlanta, where we will perform a send-up of "Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte" called "Shut Up! Sweet Charlotte!" (Check my website tour schedule for details!) The show was adapted by me and the amazing Matthew Martin, who originally played the Bette Davis part when we did a prior version in San Francisco years ago. I, of course, play the Olivia de Havilland role, which was originally supposed to be played by Joan Crawford in the movie, but she quit because of back problems(i.e. Bette Davis) and surrendered the role to Olivia.

BTW, Matthew and I will be doing a movie version of "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane" produced by Billy Clift in which Matthew will once again take on the Bette part and I will assume the Joan Crawford role. I know what you're saying...that I'm much too feminine to play Crawford. True, but I have a lot of experience trying to "act" butch. Lots.

Don't worry about me,
VJ

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The clip looks brilliant! Philip and I can't wait to see it this Sunday night.

:-)

Love,
Timo

December 3, 2008 at 1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharing can be sooo trying, at least you are able to somewhat! haha!! Hope you have a FAB rest of the month!

December 4, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home