Monday, December 8, 2008

Magna Puella!

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Last night, my dear friend, Timo, came to see me in "Scrooge In Rouge!" here in New Orleans with his adorable husband, Phillip. As some of you may know, Timo and I attended (and I use that word loosely) Louisiana State University together. He followed me home after a Latin class we shared some 21 years ago. Hic! Haec! Hoc! He called me his "magna puella."

Phillip, me, and Timo. Unfortunately, Timo asked me for an aspirin before the show and I "accidentally" gave him an Ambien.


But, it was because of him that I started performing and making videos! Hey!
Not those kind! Well, just one... We were doing this in 1988! This was way before home computers and so he edited everything on two common VCR decks that he "borrowed" from his neighbor.

Timo relaxing at home with Uhura

Anyhoo, I thought I would post one of me and Timo's very first videos from the 80s! The production is a little "primitive" but you get the idea. It is to Dolly Parton's "Coat of Many Colors." I will warn you that the ending involves school violence. That really shows you how long I have been doing this...I was making videos so long ago that school violence was actually considered "funny."

And, yes, that is me playing both mother and daughter. Even back then, I was over-challenging myself!





Timo and Mrs. Danvers. Timo was harder to train.

Don't worry about me,
VJ

2 Comments:

Blogger Critifur said...

Wow, I was gonna say how good Timo still looks, but then I saw the iPhoto airbrushed pic. LOL. He and you have always been good-looking. I miss his presence on the net.

I also miss NOLA and getting to come see your appearances.

December 8, 2008 at 8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still here, Critifur... just in different places.

:-)

Always airbrushed (it's my religion),
the artist formerly known as Vidkid Timo

December 10, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home